Terraform is a popular open-source tool for provisioning infrastructure with many providers. In this video, learn how to practice creating Dockerfiles by writing a Dockerfile that installs Terraform onto an Alpine Linux container.
- [Instructor] Okay, so now that we've created … our Dockerfile let's go ahead and test it. … And the way that we're going to test it is we're going to use … docker build to build the image. … So that's docker B-U-I-L-D. … And then we're going to use docker run, R-U-N, … to run the image that we've just built. … So let's start with docker build. … Docker build can take many different options. … So just like wget, so if we do docker build --help … you can see all the options available to you. … The option that we're going to use in this example … is the --tag option. … This option gives our image a name. … This allows us to more easily find it when we go to run it … with docker run. … So the first thing that we're going to provide … as indicated up here is our options. … So the only two options we're going to use are tag. … The other option that we're going to use … is the file option or -f. … This tells docker build that instead of looking … for the Dockerfile at its Default PATH/Dockerfile …
- Writing your first Dockerfile
- Using Docker Compose
- Testing your app with RSpec, Capybara, and Selenium
- Writing Terraform code
- Deploying a website into AWS S3
- Writing and running integration tests
- Writing a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Project/The Mission
Your application, pre-DevOps2m 59s
2. Testing Locally with Docker
3. Testing Your App with RSpec, Capybara, and Selenium
4. Infrastructure as Code with Terraform
5. CI/CD as Code with Jenkins
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.