Bitnami is not an ideal platfor for hosting multiple WordPress sites on the same computer. This online video tutorial discusses alternatives and options for managing multiple WordPress sites on your Windows computer or Mac
- [Voiceover] By watching this course, you now know how to…install a single WordPress site…under Bitnami on both a Windows computer and on a Mac.…But what if you wanted to have multiple different…WordPress sites to work with at the same time?…If you're doing a lot of WordPress development,…it's often a good idea to have dedicated sites…for each of the projects you're working on.…Unfortunately, doing this is not that easy with Bitnami.…Yes, you have modules and you can install…multiple different applications under Bitnami,…but for whatever reason, installing multiple different…instances of the same module,…let's say, WordPress, is not that easy,…and you have to mess around with…the configuration options within the application.…
The one thing you can do is go to the installers…and install the WordPress multisite module…instead of the regular WordPress module.…However, this doesn't give you…multiple different WordPress sites. In that case,…you are installiing one WordPress site,…and then configuring it to run…multiple different blogs underneath it.…
Running WordPress in another way? Check out the other courses in this series.
- Installing and Running WordPress: MAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WAMP
- Installing and Running WordPress: WebMatrix
- What is Bitnami?
- Downloading the correct version of Bitnami
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on Windows
- Installing WordPress with Bitnami on a Mac
- Using the Bitnami Manager
- Setting up WordPress as a Windows library
- Accessing WordPress and its files on Mac and Windows
- Troubleshooting your setup
- Moving a Bitnami WordPress site to the web