This course was created by Darrin Lile. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- UV mapping
- Making seams and unwrapping
- Using the UV map for texturing
- Using the Smart UV Project tool
- Creating and applying a normal map
- Organizing UV maps
- Applying texture maps to different materials
- Creating textures for buildings
- Baking a normal map
- UV mapping a character
- UV mapping an alley
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Darrin] Welcome to Blender 2.8 UV Mapping. I'm Darrin Lile, a Blender Foundation certified trainer, and in this course, we will not only go over the fundamentals of UV mapping in Blender 2.8, but we'll also go through several projects, each one of increasing difficulty, to help you get comfortable with UV mapping. Now each project will highlight a different tool, a different technique in Blender 2.8 to help you UV map your 3D objects. We'll also talk about baking texture maps. For example, this trash can has been sculpted to get the indentations along this part of the can. We'll go over how to bake a normal map and apply it to the UV map, as well. We'll talk about UV mapping more complex objects and how to optimize your UV map when you have multiple similar parts on your object, such as these wheels here. And of course, as you can see, we will also be taking the UV maps into Krita to apply textures to the UV maps and bring them back into Blender so that you can get a firm grasp on why we're creating the UV maps and also how they will affect your textures and your texturing process. We will also talk about UV mapping a character, as well as how to optimize your UV map for a game character when you need to be more efficient with your UV maps. Now all the project files are available with the course. You can use the textures I have provided or use your own in the texturing exercises. This course does assume some knowledge of Blender, navigating in the 3D view, object mode, edit mode, things like that. But for the most part, this is an introduction to UV mapping in Blender 2.8, so we will go at a steady pace, explaining everything along the way. Now I'm one of those strange people who actually enjoys UV mapping. I find it to be kind of like a puzzle and I don't expect everyone to enjoy it as much as I do, but I do hope that you can see it doesn't have to be complicated to get good UV maps for your 3D objects every time. So if you're ready, let's get started.
Mastering UVW Mapping in Houdini 16.5with Joel Bradley1h 19m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018: Mastering UVW Mappingwith Joel Bradley2h 31m Intermediate
UV mapping in Blender 2.82m 15s
1. UV Mapping Fundamentals
2. Project #1: UV Mapping and Texturing a Dumpster
3. Project #2: UV Mapping and Texturing a Building
4. Project #3: Baking a Normal Map
5. Project #4: UV Mapping a Character
6. Project #5: UV Mapping an Alley
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.