Explore the use of a single graphic corner or multiples of the same to help define boundaries and areas. Understand the various ways to describe concepts dealing with space and at the same time allowing the corners to represent multiple parties working together to reach a common objective. Look at how the role of a corner can be expanded to indicate arrows, roofs, play icons and more.
- What does the word corner conjure up in your mind?…I can be pretty simpleminded sometimes.…Far as I'm concerned, corners come in fours…and whether describing a chiclet…or a quarter section of land,…each has four corners.…It's that basic way of defining…any rectangular space.…It's how we frame a masterpiece…or the first dollar we earned.…It's the symbolic parentheses we use…to draw attention to what's inside.…And it's a further signal that…symplicity of mark and concept have returned.…
If we're talking four corners,…pull them together tight and we have a frame.…Four partners working with an equal effort…to make something evident.…To make it work, those four corners…pulled together in a square are…the user interface symbol for the full screen.…Could this be a way of expressing a…company is ready to expand, to absorb a market?…Not really important here if the corners…are mitered or square cut to the tip.…And pay attention that the designer…on either of these marks could just…as easily have drawn a completed square.…
Discover how logo trends get started and how they evolve. See how several, different designers were able to manifest a different successful solution using the same general concept behind a trend. You'll also learn where to look to find sparks for your next identity project that will allow you to launch into the vanguard of identifying trends before others.
- Detecting logo design trends
- Identifying marks and techniques to launch your next design
- Determining which elements captivate consumers
- Leveraging new ways to express dimension
- Shifting the use of shape and line to communicate strength