Learn the secrets of detecting logo design trends with this exploration of over 200 logos, helping you create fresh, original, and relevant logo designs.
- I can't speak for other professions, but the design field has long been rife with rockstars, large and small. It's those individuals whose work is always in the journals and annuals and online folios, usually with a load of stars next to them. Their work is always evolving, and their passion is as solid as their reputation. The great ones have a way of staying ahead of the field. But how? Here's how. They too are watching others, and they are voracious consumers of everything.
But they watch not to emulate, but to pick up on the nuances and trends that they see forming. And then? And then, they push an idea to the next peak. And this is exactly the climb that you and I are about to take. We're going to cut through thousands of logos to identify those marks and techniques most likely to launch your next great design. We'll discuss how repetition of motion and rhythmic lines can captivate consumers, why the public is reembracing the most findamental shapes, given just the right twist.
And what is it about typography that turns the simplest letters and words into enigmatic puzzles? You'll discover new ways logos exhibit dimension to tell stories or how shifting shapes and linkage show agility and strength. And before we wrap, we'll hash out a variety of ways to treat a mark's surface to really amp up the volume of your work. By the time we're done, you'll have a much better understanding of why consumers respond to logo design as they do.
And hey, the next time you post some of your work, it may just get an extra star or two of its own. Let's talk logos.
Discover how logo trends get started and how they evolve. See how several, different designers were able to manifest a different successful solution using the same general concept behind a trend. You'll also learn where to look to find sparks for your next identity project that will allow you to launch into the vanguard of identifying trends before others.
- Detecting logo design trends
- Identifying marks and techniques to launch your next design
- Determining which elements captivate consumers
- Leveraging new ways to express dimension
- Shifting the use of shape and line to communicate strength