- Explore the parallels between HR strategy and business strategy.
- Identify four approaches to talent management.
- Recognize the factors that support the business case for diversity.
- Recall the key features of effective training and career development programs.
- Review the principles of effective performance management.
- Identify the difference in cost between domestic and international employees.
Skill Level Intermediate
- No matter what business you're in, you have to manage people. To do this successfully, you have to be well-versed in a variety of issues, from recruiting, to hiring, to compensating, training, and managing performance. In this course, I want to share with you the fundamentals of managing people, also known as human resources. We'll begin by taking a look at administrative and strategic HR, talent management, and the business case for diversity. We'll also look at training employees and managing performance. Finally, we'll consider culture and international assignments. I've been writing, consulting, and teaching about managing people for decades. Managing people well isn't just a formula; rather, it's about creating a work environment that allows others to do their best. Let's get started.