- Determine the position of training in a business organization.
- Describe a process for gaining the most value for all parties when formally resolving employee problems.
- Identify factors that can hinder the ability to reframe employee problems.
- Explain the advantages of using an impact map when dealing with employee problems.
- Relate coaching conversations to beneficial outcomes.
Skill Level Intermediate
- There's not a single company in the world without employee problems. No matter where you are, a simple survey of the news, will tell of bullying in the workplace, sexual harassment, discrimination and leaders behaving badly. And it makes me ask myself, where was HR in all this? And no doubt other people are asking this too. This is not your typical, dealing with employee problems course. It's one that will offer a creative, elevated perspective, to strategically approach employee problems. So in this course, we'll start with the big picture, to reset how we think about HR. We'll look at utilizing the much ignored employee handbook, to minimize problems. And I'll give you tips for the investigative process and documentation. We'll look at coaching someone, from discipline to improvement and much more. Hi, my name is JoAnn Corley, I'm the founder of The Human Sphere, a holistic talent management consultancy. And I've worked as an HR professional and variety of roles. And my passion is putting the human back into human resources. Ultimately, my goal is to help you move from administrator and documenter, to coach and meaningful business partner. So, let's get started.