- Name the phases of the employee lifecycle.
- Explain how to measure recruiting and hiring success.
- Summarize the process for measuring HR efficiency, impact, and ROI.
- Describe the process for mapping your strategic impact.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Recently, I conducted a short, free survey for a potential client. Unfortunately for HR, several comments were focused around how people didn't trust HR. They said it was clear that HR was on the organization's side and not theirs. When we spoke, the HR rep said to me, "I don't know why they made all these comments "about whose side I'm on. "Of course I'm on the organization's side. "My job is to make sure people are following the rules, "using the right forms, and setting up their benefits." She had it all wrong.
Yes, those things are a part of HR's role, but this woman had set herself up to be a cost center to her organization. She could have a much more fruitful career and be much more effective if she was willing to see her role as a strategic partner to the organization. Hi, my name is Catherine Mattice Zundel, and I have been focused on helping HR be more strategic for over a decade. I do that by working with them to create positive, thriving workplaces.
This course will help you elevate your HR career, as it will help you become a strategic partner in the business. You will learn some definitions you'll need to know in metrics, as well as how to measure throughout the employee lifecycle, from recruiting to onboarding, to growth and retention. You'll also learn how to measure your own impact, and we'll talk about using the many available options for software. I'm so excited you're taking your career to the next level. Let's get going.