No matter the industry, there are standards and regulations in every organization. In this lesson, learn to stay ahead of your compliance expectations to make sure your team members are within the standards.
- [Host] Mom always said, "Don't play ball in the house." … I had the Brady Bunch quote running through my head … as I looked at my mom's glass angel … shattered in a million pieces. … She was gone to buy groceries, … and I wanted to play indoor soccer in the living room. … All was fine, until one super powerful kick went airborne … and knocked off one of her favorite angels from the shelf. … I knew that she had made the rules for a reason … and because of my lack of compliance … and absolute inability to hide any trouble … that I made as a kid, … I knew that I was about the be held accountable … for my actions, I disobeyed mom. … The government, industries, and organizations … make up similar rules, standards, and expectations … for good reason, and keep us accountable … to those expectations. … Not abiding by these expectations and standards … could be crippling to your company. … Almost as crippling as breaking … my mom's glass angel was to me. … And this really brings me to another important HR guideline …
This audio-only course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Building your team
- Choosing recruiting methods
- Creating compensation and benefits packages
- Training and developing employees
- Providing powerful performance feedback
- Having tough conversations
- Retaining your team