In order to discount items and invoices, you must first create a discount item. This video shows you how to create a discount item and apply it to an invoice.
- [Instructor] To get started with discounts, … the discount first need to be created as an item. … Click Items & Services, Item … and select New. … Choose the Discount item type. … You can give your discount a name, … and then you can choose to discount a dollar or percentage. … You can also sign it to an account for tracking, … click OK, … and now let's go to an Invoice. … To discount just a single-item, … choose your discount item that we just created. … It's going to discount the line directly above it. … To discount the entire invoice, … first create a subtotal. … Now you can add your discount … and it's going to discount everything on the invoice. … …
- Describe the steps for restoring a company file.
- Interpret the necessary action for applying discounts.
- Explain the purpose of a sales receipt for a cash sale.
- Determine the primary purpose for the QuickBooks reporting tools.
- Solve the process for updating your QuickBooks software.