- Differentiate between unemployment and joblessness.
- Recognize the dynamics impacting wages and job creation.
- Explore the ways online data for jobs can be both valuable and limiting.
- Examine the ways that people are impacted differently in the job market.
- Identify significant opportunities in unemployment data that varies by state, city, and country.
Skill Level Intermediate
- People talk about the job market like it's one thing, but it's not. When the economy booms or busts, it impacts industries and individuals very differently. To better understand the job market and uncover hidden opportunities, we need to go beyond the simple headline numbers. In this course, we'll dig deep on the job market so you can identify opportunities and recognize challenges that exist across the labor market. I'm Jason Schenker. Join me on LinkedIn Learning, where I share what expert economists know to help reveal secrets that help you get ahead in a job search.