- Identify a business’s opportunities and setbacks during a recession.
- Describe the way in which a recession impacts the economy’s normal order of functioning.
- Define terms used for the impact of a recession.
- Relate the extent of consumer spending in the US economy compared to all spending.
- Differentiate the types of stock markets under various economic conditions.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Recessions are scary. People lose jobs, investments lose value, and businesses fail. Much of that will be beyond your control, but not all of it. I'm Jason Schenker and I've been an economist for over 15 years. And I'm here to share with you what I know about the economy, about recessions, and about being recession-proof. The most important thing to know is that even if you're in a downturn now, every recession is followed by a recovery. And you need to know how to hold on to find upside after the downturn.