It's hard to imagine a project being successful without proper planning and estimating at the forefront. In this video, learn how the PM and BA work together and in tandem to accomplish these important tasks.
- So how do Pat the PM and Bailey the BA work together … to plan and estimate? … The BA is responsible for defining the product … and the PM defines the project. … The project delivers the product. … How could anyone plan a project … without a great understanding of the product? … Well, depending how much the product has been defined … when the planning happens, … planning can be impacted dramatically. … In some ways, I've always thought it was silly to estimate … and plan for requirements when the requirements … are not yet known. … At the same time, with experience, … we learn to work with ambiguity by working in layers. … And we also learn to plan to replan as we learn more. … And Bailey and Pat plan to replan as they go too. … They realized that planning with ambiguity … helps leaders make decisions … and replanning is expected. … So what is there to be planned and estimated … and how do Pat and Bailey collaborate on this? … First, Bailey and Pat plan what the actual product is … and understanding what outcomes are expected and for whom. …
- Identify why collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager is key.
- Examine the fundamentals of an ideal partnership between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Explore the importance of collaboration on scoping between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Determine the essentials for collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager during the development and testing phase.
- Break down the ways to make communication between the business analyst and the project manager successful.
- Discover the areas of risk the business analyst and the project manager should collaborate on.
- Identify the fundamentals for collaboration between the project manager and the business analyst on scope management and change.