Manage your message, yourself, and stakeholders when tension is high. Get practical tips and real-life examples that can help you prepare to shine in high-stakes moments.
- Imagine walking in to a meeting for a routine conversation with your colleagues. You sit down, and you settle in confidently. Then all of a sudden, your boss's boss walks in. They sit down two chairs down from you and they look everyone in the eye and say, I'd like to get a sense of what you all do in this room. I'm going to start with you first and go around and ask everybody, what do you do at this company and why does it matter. Now that can create a panic for a lot of people. That right there is a high stakes moment. And these moments happen all the time in communication. They can be defining for your career, for your reputation, and your self esteem. And they're hard to navigate, so you really want to be ready. In this course, we'll show you how to manage your message yourself and your stakeholders when the stakes are high. And of course, we'll share what to avoid. This course is all about practical application. I'm going to share real life stories and personal experiences from years of helping people manage high stakes moments. But what you'll probably be most interested in is the immediately applicable strategies and tools to help you increase your impact when the stakes are high. I'm Jenna Lange and I've been coaching leaders for over 20 years to be more effective with their communication when the stakes are high. I have seen and heard a lot over that time. Everything from, hey Jenna, guess what, we won that million dollar account, or I just got funded, to you're right, I didn't get to the point. Or, I know I should have rehearsed more. Confidence in high stakes moments doesn't just happen. You have to work on it. So join me on this journey so you'll be ready for any high stakes moment that comes your way.
- Deliver concise messages
- Use stories to compel and convey a point
- Maintain the right mindset
- Manage your physical presence
- Connect with individual stakeholders
- Manage multiple stakeholders
- Avoid messaging pitfalls