From checking off transition requirements and evaluating change readiness, the PM and BA together play a critical part in implementation. In this video, learn how they collaborate for a smooth implementation long before go-live day.
- So, requirements are done. … Now what does implementation … have to do with the BA and PM partnership? … Collaborating on implementation starts long … before prepping for the go live day activities. … And the key areas where Pat the PM … and Bailey the BA collaborate … are the transition requirements and change readiness. … Let's start with transition requirements. … These are the requirements that define what it takes … to transition from the old to the new solution. … And Bailey thinks about them often. … They're things like, what data needs to be brought … from the old to the new solution, … so that it works as intended for users and customers? … An example of this is customer data. … If a new system is implemented for an organization, … and none of the customer data is transitioned … to the new system, then when I interact as a customer, … the new system may not know who I am or my history. … This means customer service nor myself … has information about me as a customer. … It may seem far reaching to think this gets forgotten …
- Identify why collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager is key.
- Examine the fundamentals of an ideal partnership between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Explore the importance of collaboration on scoping between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Determine the essentials for collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager during the development and testing phase.
- Break down the ways to make communication between the business analyst and the project manager successful.
- Discover the areas of risk the business analyst and the project manager should collaborate on.
- Identify the fundamentals for collaboration between the project manager and the business analyst on scope management and change.