You communicate every day with colleagues and supervisors—connections that are ripe for misunderstanding. This video presents principles that can dramatically enhance your ability to forge positive relationships.
- We communicate every day with colleagues … and supervisors and clients. … Unfortunately, because we're all human, … That means our interactions are often ripe … for misunderstanding. … But if you're aware of the ways … that communication can be derailed, … then you can prepare in advance, … mitigate potential problems and quickly discover … and fix any crossed wires. … In the internet era, … interpersonal communication skills matter more, not less. … If you can invest just a bit of time … in improving your knowledge and honing your abilities, … it gives you a critical edge. … With the strategies from this course, … you can become more effective at work … and more likely to connect positively … with your colleagues and everyone around you. … Let me know how it goes … and shoot me any comments … or questions dorieclark.com. … …
- Determine the most appropriate form of communication in a business situation.
- Identify instances in which one mode of communication is preferable to another mode.
- Explain the process involved in interpreting nonverbal cues.
- Define terminology relating to interpersonal communication.
- Distinguish between various communication approaches with individuals from other cultures.
- Describe the factors that underlie interruptions during business meetings.
- Examine the most appropriate ways to accept criticism.