Note: This course was featured in Market Watch, Inc., Fortune, Forbes, and Entrepreneur.
- Providing consistency and structure in a remote team
- Managing mixed remote and onsite teams
- Fostering equality and transparency
- Creating opportunities for in-person interactions
- Maintaining regular contact with remote team members
- Managing workloads and deliverables
Skill Level Beginner
- We're living in exciting times. The modern workplace is a very different environment than the past. One of the reasons is the growing ability for people to work remotely. But as more people work away from a typical office setting, the manager's job is also evolving. How do you effectively manage people you almost never see face-to-face? How do you adapt? Hi, my name Phil Gold and I'm longtime communications and training professional. I've worked at everything from small internet startups to global Fortune 500 companies and I've got in the trenches experience with business cultures in transition. In this course I'm going to talk with you about how the role of a manager is changing to meet today's workplace needs. How do you connect and stay connected with remote workers? How do you build a cohesive team when no one is is physical contact? How do you create opportunities for team members growth and development? Does this sound interesting? If yes, I hope you'll join me as we explore the wide world of managing virtual teams.