- Give examples of useful goals and ill-defined goals.
- Describe the steps in building a budget and reducing costs.
- Define a financial first aid kit and explain how it is implemented and used.
- Describe possible steps to getting started in investing.
- Define a time horizon and describe its importance in financial decisions.
Skill Level Beginner
(light music) - You're working hard and saving for your future, but what can you do to get through this period of transition and challenge? Managing your finances in a downturn can be difficult. You might be seeing layoffs or furloughs at your company. Maybe you've even been personally affected. When you look at your financial statements, your bank account, you might be worried, but please don't panic. There is a silver lining. This is an invitation for you to make smart choices in your finances to set yourself up for longterm success. Talking about your finances is an important conversation. You're not alone in thinking about this. The entire world is going through this together. These are challenging times, but we can take proactive steps to prepare ourselves financially. Hi, I'm Winnie Sun, a long time financial advisor, CNBC council member, Forbes contributor, and host of the NASDAQ Level Up With Winnie Sun show. I want to coach you to be a smarter consumer and better investor in these challenging times. Join me in my LinkedIn Learning course on managing your finances in a financial downturn.