What does it look like when a PM and BA are working together seamlessly? In this video, learn how to model the ideal partnership in your daily interactions.
- So what does the ideal partnership … for a project manager and BA look like? … Well, I've been on a lot of projects as a BA … with great PM relationships. … And here's what it looked and felt like. … I'd typically touch base with the PM … first thing in the morning to see what's on her mind … as priorities for the day. … We discussed the meetings we have scheduled, … who the stakeholders are in those meetings … and the meeting goals, and we make decisions … on adjusting any meetings … to make the stakeholder interactions positive. … We also discussed the previous days stakeholder interactions … and other updates from the last day or so. … Throughout the day, we run into each other a few times … and see how we can support one another … with key messages to others, … and being consistent in our actions and priorities. … It's also quite common for me as the BA … to have dialogue with stakeholders … that could introduce scope creep. … Scope creep is when items get added to the scope … without the right governance around making sure …
- Identify why collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager is key.
- Examine the fundamentals of an ideal partnership between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Explore the importance of collaboration on scoping between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Determine the essentials for collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager during the development and testing phase.
- Break down the ways to make communication between the business analyst and the project manager successful.
- Discover the areas of risk the business analyst and the project manager should collaborate on.
- Identify the fundamentals for collaboration between the project manager and the business analyst on scope management and change.