Learn about books, podcasts, and other resources that can help you continue on your human resources learning journey. Discover how best to connect with your instructor.
- [Amber] If you've made it this far, … then I should say a huge congratulations … for finishing the course. … As you already know, the world of HR … is vast and can be a bit complex. … All that to say, the learning does not stop here. … Now that you've seen the power of these HR guidelines, … the next step is yours. … I want to provide you with a few resources … that you can use that can help you along your journey. … First, I would recommend any books by Patrick Lencioni, … especially The Ideal Team Player … where he breaks down the humble, hungry, and smart player … for your team. … Next, I would recommend any books by John Kotter, … especially his book on Leading Change. … Here, he talks about how to lead the charge … in changing your HR policies. … I'd also recommend a vlog by David Burkus … called The Daily Burkus. … Another great podcast that you should check out … is the Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast. … And finally, get involved with organizations … such as SHRM or the Society for Human Resource Management …
This audio-only course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Building your team
- Choosing recruiting methods
- Creating compensation and benefits packages
- Training and developing employees
- Providing powerful performance feedback
- Having tough conversations
- Retaining your team