Up to three people can work in a company file at the same time. This video shows you how to enable multi-user mode to work simultaneously with someone else.
- [Instructor] In multi-user mode, somebody on a different computer can access this file located on this computer at the same time. Click File and choose Switch to Multi-user Mode. If this file is going to be accessed by people across a computer network, choose Yes. Click Continue to give administrative permission by Windows. Click yes to allow the app to make changes. And then click OK to let QuickBooks scan for files. Now you're running in multi-user mode. You're prompted to add users if they aren't already set up. Each user must have their own license. Up to five users can work in a company file, but only three can work simultaneously.
- Describe the steps for restoring a company file.
- Interpret the necessary action for applying discounts.
- Explain the purpose of a sales receipt for a cash sale.
- Determine the primary purpose for the QuickBooks reporting tools.
- Solve the process for updating your QuickBooks software.