At the portfolio level, PMs and BAs work to define and align projects. In this video, explore the six tactical steps they take when collaborating at the portfolio level.
- At the portfolio level, … PMs and BAs are working to define projects related … to strategic goals of the organization … and align the projects together … as a group of related projects. … Project and program managers … are looking at the budget and schedule linkages, … as well as overall strategic alignment … of the project goals. … BAs are looking at strategic alignment, … business architecture and the big picture … of who is impacted … and the value the groups need to get from these projects. … Our team members, Pat the PM, and Bailey the BA, … may be assigned to work on the portfolio level … with other PMs and BAs. … Or as part of the intake process … to start up a large set of projects. … Some key tactical things that Pat and Bailey collaborate on … are first, defining the problem or opportunity statement. … They create a shared understanding together … with the leaders on the problem or opportunity, … which helps with strategic alignment … as they look at the portfolio of work. …
- Identify why collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager is key.
- Examine the fundamentals of an ideal partnership between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Explore the importance of collaboration on scoping between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Determine the essentials for collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager during the development and testing phase.
- Break down the ways to make communication between the business analyst and the project manager successful.
- Discover the areas of risk the business analyst and the project manager should collaborate on.
- Identify the fundamentals for collaboration between the project manager and the business analyst on scope management and change.