Salary affects your bottom line and it is tremendously important to your relationship with your employees. In this lesson, learn to confidently negotiate salary.
- [Narrator] I sat in salary negotiation … for a job overseas, … and I though, "Show me the money!" … The recruiter came back with a rebuttal … in the negotiation. … She said, "Okay. … "We can't pay your asking salary, … "but we will pay x amount … "in addition to housing, a driver, … "a cook, and clothing. … "And we're also going to pay for all the moving costs … "for you to come over here. … "That's our final offer." … Negotiating may seem simple at first … until you realize the complexities … that factor into the negotiation … to make it wise, equitable, and fair. … And this really brings me to another important HR guideline … you need to be considering for your organization. … You need to prepare to negotiate salary. … First, you need to know what's on the table. … Negotiating may seem straight forward at first … until you realize there's more on the table than just cash. … Negotiating begins with knowing what's on the table. … I thought that we were negotiating salary, … but was countered with clothing allowance, …
This audio-only course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Building your team
- Choosing recruiting methods
- Creating compensation and benefits packages
- Training and developing employees
- Providing powerful performance feedback
- Having tough conversations
- Retaining your team