There are a few times that HR can feel like the principal's office. In this lesson, learn about the not-so-fun aspect of HR that handles team members that do to meet the high expectations set by the organization and how you can effectively work with challenging team members.
- [Instructor] We spend more time with our work family … than our actual family. … And like all families, work families fight too. … And HR having tough, yet necessary conversations … can be heart wrenching … but they are absolutely crucial. … And this really brings me … to another important HR guideline … you should be considering for your organization. … You need to prepare for tough conversations. … Counselings are the result of unmet expectations. … The purpose of these counselings … is to make certain that the employee … knows that the expectations are unmet … and reaffirm that the employee … knows what the expectations are. … Ideally a course of action … and proactive plan for improvement … is the result of such counselings. … Most organizations … have a progressive disciplinary action plan … holding the right for immediate terminations … in extreme cases. … Generally the first step is a verbal warning, … then a written warning, then a final notice, … and then finally a termination. …
This audio-only course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Building your team
- Choosing recruiting methods
- Creating compensation and benefits packages
- Training and developing employees
- Providing powerful performance feedback
- Having tough conversations
- Retaining your team