In this video, Phil Gold discusses the importance of consistency and structure to a remote team. Learn why consistency and repeated process is so important to a remote team, and some things you can put in place to strengthen that.
- The first goal of the remote manager is to build trust, … not only between themselves and the individual workers, … but between the remote workers on the team as well. … So what does that look like? … Well, I think a very important first element … is making sure that there are well-documented … procedures in place … and that they are being consistently followed. … How can a team have a solid basis for performance … if the requirements of that performance … haven't been defined? … This is important for any team, … but I think it's even more critical for remote groups. … Since the individuals on the team may not interact … with each other as frequently as a co-located team, … there is a lot more opportunity for them … to head off in different directions unless there … is a solid understanding upfront. … For me, this is one of the manager's most important jobs. … It is ultimately the manager's responsibility … to make sure everyone on the team understands their role. … Making sure there's adequate definitions of the work …
Note: This course was featured in Market Watch, Inc., Fortune, Forbes, and Entrepreneur.
- Providing consistency and structure in a remote team
- Managing mixed remote and onsite teams
- Fostering equality and transparency
- Creating opportunities for in-person interactions
- Maintaining regular contact with remote team members
- Managing workloads and deliverables