Since the project is just one task in a stakeholder's daily role, it's critical to present a united front when presenting or requesting from them. In this video, learn how the PM and BA can work together to keep stakeholders informed and aligned.
- Pat the PM and Bailey the BA … are working on their CRM project … and they know that stakeholder management … will be a big factor in their success. … They're especially concerned about the project … due to the stakeholder being extremely busy … and not having time for the project. … Yet this project is looking to change a lot … about what these stakeholder groups do. … Our stakeholders have full-time jobs … and the project is usually a side job for them. … Imagine having your full-time job … and in addition, getting several meeting requests per day … from a project team. … These other meetings take a lower priority … and can easily add stress to your day, right? … Well, for each stakeholder, the project is one entity. … So it can look overwhelming to get so many meeting invites … from the team. … It can look like the project team isn't coordinated … in using their time well. … Managing stakeholders is a shared responsibility … between the PM and the BA on the project. … So what does successful PM and BA collaboration look like …
- Identify why collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager is key.
- Examine the fundamentals of an ideal partnership between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Explore the importance of collaboration on scoping between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Determine the essentials for collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager during the development and testing phase.
- Break down the ways to make communication between the business analyst and the project manager successful.
- Discover the areas of risk the business analyst and the project manager should collaborate on.
- Identify the fundamentals for collaboration between the project manager and the business analyst on scope management and change.