The greatest source of information about what inspires, motivates, and engages your employees are your employees! In this video with Don Phin, learn an approach to using surveys with the people you manage. Don discusses what questions to ask, the different survey methods, and why he believes they should be mandatory and non-anonymous. He then instructs you on what to do with the results.
- For years employers have asked me … how they can better motivate and engage their employees. … My first response has always been … have you asked your employees that question? … Fact is the greatest source of information … about what inspires, motivates and engages your employees … is your employees. … One of the best ways to tap into employee engagement … is a survey. … There are a variety of ways to conduct a survey. … You can use Gallup's survey tool, … create your own in an online program like SurveyMonkey, … or take a pen and paper approach. … You can even have a direct conversation with each employee. … But most important are the questions you ask. … I like taking a simple approach … where we find out what's going right … and what can go even better. … Rather than focusing on the negative, … ask questions about relevant factors that affect engagement … like how well they're being managed. … What career opportunities are available? … Are their ideas being solicited and respected? …
- Exercising discretionary effort
- Attracting engaged employees
- Assessing the fit of employees
- Making onboarding more engaging
- Learning from new employees
- Provide opportunities for career growth
- Clarifying objectives
- Measuring engagement using surveys
- Being present for employees
- Driving engagement with fun
Skill Level Advanced
Human Resources: Running Company Onboardingwith Jeff Toister42m 49s Intermediate
Engagement = success1m 33s
1. Engagement Begins with You
2. The Engaged Employee
3. Turning Engagement into Productivity
4. Engagement Is an Experience
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.