Training and development is where organizational values are reinforced and reiterated on a tangible level. In this lesson, learn to follow best practice training and development curriculums and approaches for meaningful results.
- [Narrator] Sometimes people don't like the term … human resources because of the insinuation … that companies use people or humans as simply resources. … Our job isn't to utilize our humans as resources. … It's to equip humans with resources … to achieve the extraordinary. … One resource you can provide for your team … is training and development. … Personally, this is my favorite aspect of human resources. … You've already hired awesome people on your team … and you're valuing them. … So now it's time to prepare them to do the extraordinary. … And this really brings me to another important HR guideline … that you should be considering for your organization. … You need to train and develop your people. … This is the improvement aspect of our team. … This is how we go from playing in the game … to truly competing to win. … Training and development is your opportunity … to train your team to be successful. … Training topics include onboarding processes, … continuing education, compliance in industry standards, …
This audio-only course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Building your team
- Choosing recruiting methods
- Creating compensation and benefits packages
- Training and developing employees
- Providing powerful performance feedback
- Having tough conversations
- Retaining your team