Void an invoice to retain the items on it, and the invoice number. This video shows you how to safely void invoices and checks to give them a zero balance.
- [Instructor] When you void an invoice or a check, … you're keeping it in existence for reference. … To void this invoice, click Edit, Void Invoice. … The balance due at the bottom gets zeroed out. … However, the invoice number and the items on it … remain for reference. … And the invoice number can't be used again. … Let's void a check by clicking Write Checks … and finding the check to void. … Click Edit and choose Void Bill Payment Check. … I'll click Save & Close … and click Yes on the prompt about the check being used … to pay a bill. … The amount will get zeroed out, … and the check number can't be reused. … As this check was used to pay a bill, it's important to note … that the bill is once again considered outstanding, … and I'll have to go in and either delete the bill … or reissue a new check. … …
- Describe the steps for restoring a company file.
- Interpret the necessary action for applying discounts.
- Explain the purpose of a sales receipt for a cash sale.
- Determine the primary purpose for the QuickBooks reporting tools.
- Solve the process for updating your QuickBooks software.