There are a lot of projects that fail—but you don't always see how PMs and BAs contribute to that failure. In this video, explore the common reasons projects fail and how the PM-BA collaboration can improve those.
- We can all cite why projects we've been on have failed, … and research studies give us many clues as well. … But have you ever really looked … at how the PM and BA relationship … could contribute to these failures … and possibly even prevent them? … Let's look at a few ideas. … First, lack of stakeholder engagement and involvement, … and this includes engaged sponsors … and sponsors having clear vision and objectives. … The BA and PM have key roles in helping the leaders … take the vision and objectives … and turn them from strategy to execution. … Stakeholder involvement at the leader and contributor levels … is key to making the strategy and vision a reality. … The PM and BA are the team members … that interact with stakeholders … and leaders the most throughout the project. … When both roles are interacting … with the same stakeholders and often, … there's a need to collaborate tightly on these interactions … to keep stakeholder engagement high. … These stakeholders typically have full-time roles …
- Identify why collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager is key.
- Examine the fundamentals of an ideal partnership between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Explore the importance of collaboration on scoping between the business analyst and the project manager.
- Determine the essentials for collaboration between the business analyst and the project manager during the development and testing phase.
- Break down the ways to make communication between the business analyst and the project manager successful.
- Discover the areas of risk the business analyst and the project manager should collaborate on.
- Identify the fundamentals for collaboration between the project manager and the business analyst on scope management and change.