Training and development oftentimes lies inside of the organization but continuing education and associations allow for expanded networking, certification, and increased skills. In this lesson, learn to leverage the powerful partnerships of associations.
- [Instructor] If you can achieve your dreams … all on your own, then you're probably … not dreaming big enough. … If you want to do something bigger than yourself, … then you're going to have to include more than yourself. … See, you're not the only organization … trying to improve and use best new practices. … Almost every industry and profession … has an official community that helps one another … to become the best that they can be. … And this really brings me to another important … HR guideline that you should be considering … for your organization. … You need to be involved in professional associations. … Professional associations allow for expanded networking. … In HR, large organizations, such as SHRM, … or the Society for Human Resource Management, … and ATD, or the Association for Talent Development, … are great communities in which one can learn and grow … in relationships and education. … As an undergraduate student, … I was heavily involved in both of these organizations. …
This audio-only course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Building your team
- Choosing recruiting methods
- Creating compensation and benefits packages
- Training and developing employees
- Providing powerful performance feedback
- Having tough conversations
- Retaining your team