Explore the most popular tools and workflows for creating, editing, and managing digital drawings in the field.
- The numbers are in. According to all the various news and reports and studies, the construction industry is the least digitized industry in the world, lagging behind all others in the adoption of technology. If you're in the construction industry in any capacity, this probably doesn't surprise you. However, I do think times are changing, and I think they're finally beginning to change fast or at least fast for the construction industry. I teach and speak with a lot of groups in this industry, and the one question these groups always ask me is where should we start? That's a good question, and I think the answer is easy. You need to start by adopting digital drawings and getting rid of your old paper drawings. It's just time. There are no longer any real good excuses. Is it going to be without its challenges? No, of course not. Will it take some learning and education at all levels? Well, of course it will. But that's to be expected when we're talking about changing something that's been so fundamental to the construction industry. The good news here though is it's not that difficult. So join me here in my course on LinkedIn Learning and I'll show you several ways that you can get started right now, and I'll teach you how to leverage the benefits of going digital in construction.
- BIM 360 digital docs
- Managing drawings with Procore
- Doing takeoffs with Bluebeam Revu
- Planning revisions with Procore
- Handling RFIs with PlanGrid
- Collaborating digitally