- [Instructor] Using a gray scale image to displace geometry…can produce some really stunning effects.…And it can also serve as a way of…increasing the detail of the model,…without actually having to model the geometry by hand.…So first we're gonna look at how displacement works,…and if we just turn on the tesselation…that we have in the view port,…I've got this basic material applied to this plane.…
You can see how the geometry is being pushed out in space.…I've got this set up so that it's just…using intensity so it's just gonna push…out in one direction and is being pushed…out by a height of 50 and is very responsive…in the view port here.…And you can see this basic displacement image we have…where the black isn't being displaced at all.…The gray is being displaced by half and the white…is being displaced by 100%.…
If we add a complex material you…can see get all kinds of details here.…Now one thing that can happen…especially when you're making textures,…I made this one,…it's kind of like where you know things are getting lost.…
- What is OctaneRender?
- Framing shots
- Adding materials and lights
- Rendering your first image
- Using the Live Viewer
- Creating Octane materials
- Mixing and blending materials
- Working with lights and cameras
- Rendering objects such as hair, particles, and fog
- Creating render settings presets
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Trainingwith Alan Demafiles4h 20m Intermediate
1. OctaneRender for C4D
Why use OctaneRender?3m 19s
2. Octane Quick Start: Rendering Your First Image
3. Understanding the Live Viewer
4. Working with Octane Materials
5. Working with Octane Lights and Cameras
6. Other Octane Objects
7. Rendering with Octane
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.