- Let's forget wizards and magic and witchcraft…and all that wizardry right now,…and see exactly what a paintable material is.…In order to do that, we will go again…to the "Bodypaint 3D" Paint layout.…What I would like to do is try an experiment.…I will go to the Materials,…and I will double-click down here.…So I've created a material.…
It works exactly like a standard material.…If I double-click here, I create a material,…and if I double-click on the material, I set the properties.…So let me get rid of both of these,…and whether I create the material here…or create it here, it's exactly the same thing,…but with a different interface.…We'll talk about this later.…So, double-click,…call this "mookie body."…And I'm going to get my paintbrush and try to paint.…
Of course, I cannot paint, that's why I see the arrow,…with the little circle in there, the "No" sign.…Why is that?…Well, number one, I need to apply…my material to one of my objects.…I'm going to apply it to the body,…and then I'm going to get my paintbrush…and I'm going to get a color, and I'm going to…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.