- Let me introduce Mookie.…Mookie has been generously donated…to our noble cause, learning Body Paint,…that is, by my good friend, Sievert.…His details and name are down here.…Very generous guy.…Mookie means bloodsucking insect or mosquito.…Deep inside, he's a very gentle guy,…and definitely not a mosquito class.…Well with the formalities out of the way,…let's do some 3D painting.…
In this short video, I will only show…the quick and dirty way of 3D painting…inside Body Paint,…and although it's extremely easy…to set up and start painting,…literally only a few clicks,…it does have a few limitations,…which we will look at in the following videos.…Let's switch to the Body Paint 3D Paint layout.…The only thing I'm going to do…is press on this button here.…It has a paint brush and three stars.…This is the paint setup wizard.…Yes, it is the wizard I promised you earlier.…
Click on it once,…and then just go Next,…Next, Finish, and after the wizardry is done,…press Close.…You will see a slight difference in the viewport,…but don't worry about that.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.