- [Narrator] There's a new metallic material type…in Octane 3.08, and in this movie we're going to learn how…we can use it in conjunction with a mix material…to build up a car paint material.…So first we'll fire up the live view…and see what we have here.…So we've got this Taurus in place,…and we could certainly use that as the geometry…for testing our car paint material.…But if you have access to the content browser,…come over to the presets and we'll just search…in there for car and scroll down until you find this.…
Now double click it to add it to our scene.…And just bring it down here.…So we have that car in our scene now,…and if we just delete some of these objects,…all I'm interested in is actually just the body.…Not anything else.…So I'll bring this out, delete this,…and delete all these other objects.…And just bring this out here.…And now we have just our body.…
You can delete the material that's on there,…and we can choose remove unused materials.…And what we'll do is we'll just hide that Taurus as well.…
- What is OctaneRender?
- Framing shots
- Adding materials and lights
- Rendering your first image
- Using the Live Viewer
- Creating Octane materials
- Mixing and blending materials
- Working with lights and cameras
- Rendering objects such as hair, particles, and fog
- Creating render settings presets
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Trainingwith Alan Demafiles4h 20m Intermediate
1. OctaneRender for C4D
Why use OctaneRender?3m 19s
2. Octane Quick Start: Rendering Your First Image
3. Understanding the Live Viewer
4. Working with Octane Materials
5. Working with Octane Lights and Cameras
6. Other Octane Objects
7. Rendering with Octane
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.