- [Instructor] One of the most useful features…of Octane's material system is the ability…to mix two materials together,…and in the 3.08 update you can also create blend materials…which can have multiple material inputs.…This saves you layering up multiple mix materials.…Now since mix materials are simpler to grasp,…let's first turn our attention to those.…So here we have a scene with this paper swan…and we want to actually put a material on this.…At the moment there isn't one on the swan,…it's just being lit by the daylight…so it looks kinda cool but we can make it look better.…
So I'd like to store the render buffer…and I'll just drop on this paper material that we have here.…Drop it onto the top of the hierarchy.…And you can see if we just scrub over,…we're getting a much nicer looking paper material.…What's awesome about this as well is we have this light…passing through the material,…and that's due to the transmission that's on…the diffuse channel.…
So just to illustrate what's happening here,…let's just disable the A B comparison…
- What is OctaneRender?
- Framing shots
- Adding materials and lights
- Rendering your first image
- Using the Live Viewer
- Creating Octane materials
- Mixing and blending materials
- Working with lights and cameras
- Rendering objects such as hair, particles, and fog
- Creating render settings presets
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Trainingwith Alan Demafiles4h 20m Intermediate
1. OctaneRender for C4D
Why use OctaneRender?3m 19s
2. Octane Quick Start: Rendering Your First Image
3. Understanding the Live Viewer
4. Working with Octane Materials
5. Working with Octane Lights and Cameras
6. Other Octane Objects
7. Rendering with Octane
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.