- Some of the tools in Bodypaint,…although they share exactly the same icon,…it's the same tool, essentially,…they have different attributes.…When we deal with UV polygons…or when we deal with 3D polygons.…Let me show you exactly what I mean.…Go from Standard all the way to UV Edit.…And what I can do here is grab…the UVW map and drop it on my Texture Viewer.…So here, we see the UV polygons…whereas here, I can select the body,…and I'm going to turn on (mumbles) shading.…
I see the 3D polygons.…Let's make it even easier on the eye.…I'm going to make everything invisible…in the view port and just force the body.…So what you see here is represented…by UV polygons here, nothing else.…And we can move these components around.…These tools here refer to the 3D components,…the same way, like, you know, startup layout,…this, this, this, and this.…
So these four tools, one, two, thee, four.…When we are in our UV Edit, it's one, two, three, four.…And if I select the Move Tool, for example,…you will see that these are the attributes…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.