- There are a couple of UV commands which are…nicely hidden, but you're lucky, because I'm going to…show you where they are.…Let's create a cube, so shift C.…To get the commander, type "cube",…and then press Enter and there's a cube.…Press C to make it editable, and here we have…the UV map of the cube.…And what I will do is go to my edges.…Let's select everything we want to cut.…I want to cut this side.…
I want to cut this side.…And I want to cut the top.…So this is a nice unwrap of a cube.…But what I can do is take a shortcut.…I should I have told you earlier,…but I'm going to tell you now.…Let's forget all the cuts.…So I deselected everything.…Let's select all my UV polies…and go to the projection where we're using frontal.…And just click on box.…This does an automatic unwrap of the box.…
Yes, the other thing was an exercise,…but there is an easy way to do it.…If you're unwrapping boxes, you can do it automatically.…Let's continue.…I'm going to create a paintable material.…Let's go to my body paint for your paint.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.