- In order for me to show you…what the Optimal Mapping Tools do,…I need to show you first of all…where we saw this previously.…If I create a cube, shift C for the Commander,…type cube and press enter.…Press C to make it editable,…and then just press on the Wizard.…On step two of the Wizard, we have this menu.…This is the Optimal Mapping window,…and I will explain what these things do,…either here or here.…
I'm gonna turn it off,…create a new scene.…What I will do is go to my standard layout.…In my Top view I'm going to draw a bezier line…and in my 3D view, I'm going to create a circle.…Press T for scale, make my circle much smaller,…make sure both my circle and my spline are in uniform,…and use a sweep object to create a 3D object…out of these two splines.…
Turn on my Gouraud Shading Lines,…select the sweep,…get rid of the caps as we don't need them currently,…and I'll just make sure that my circle has…fewer points.…There you go.…I'm going to select the sweep.…Press C to make it editable.…We have an odd looking object,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.