- What are the seams?…Well let me show you.…Shift+C to create a cube.…Press enter.…And let's go and make this cube rounded.…Just like that.…Let's display our lines.…And make this 2 so it's nice and simple.…Press C to make it editable.…And of course, select all the UV polygons.…Don't forget we are in the BodyPaint UV Edit layout.…And let's go to the Projection…and make it into a Box.…
And it's good enough.…As you can see,…Cinema 4D has broken up…each and every one of them,…so there's a bit of space between them.…But I think it's good enough to start painting on this.…We can create a crate, a wooden crate.…Let's go to our 3D Paint menu,…Materials, double-click,…let's call this "crate."…Double-click here, and we'll add a…kind of brownish…color.…
And we can add a bump map as well.…So, Bump,…50%, neutral,…and we're good to go.…Then we select the color channel,…and of course we need to grab this…and either drop it on the object here,…or go to the Objects and drop it here.…And we are ready to paint.…Let's get my paintbrush.…Test it out, yes we can paint.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.