- This is a T. rex,…a tyrannosaurus rex,…and it's a dinosaur.…This is the ancestor of a chicken.…Yeah, so whenever you go to a place…and have fried chicken,…remember, this is the ancestor of chickens.…But anyway. That's another story,…and we'll discuss biology at another point.…This is a very generous offer by Sebastien Florand.…
It actually comes with Cinema 4D.…It's part of the content browser.…One of the files that checks out Cmotion…this little fellow is animated in.…He's walking nicely.…Anyway. I will allow you to download this.…Actually, Sebastien said that I can offer it…to the users of lynda.com.…And what I've done in this case is,…I got rid of all the UV maps.…And yeah, and all the motion and all that.…
And I will create UV maps…so that this T. rex is paintable.…Let me delete this…and let me…get everything out.…And now we have four distinct models.…We have the teeth.…Now he doesn't have teeth.…But it's funny. Look at this.…Looks much more pleasant this way.…But anyway. Teeth, the body,…left eye, right eye.…
We are going to deal mostly with the body.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.