- Let's begin by creating a common terminology language,…so to speak, which will allow me to communicate…some concepts better to you, as I want to go over…some things you may already know.…If you feel that you're too good for this,…then move on and when you come back, I will say,…"I told you so."…I take great pleasure in reminding people what I told them,…especially when they were not listening.…First of all, when I refer to material application,…I will use the phrase "material projection."…The reason is that the way CINEMA 4D applies materials…to an object resembles a slide or a video projector,…although, at the same time, it has some differences…that don't apply to real-life projectors.…
Either way, that's what they are called,…"projections," full stop.…So let's take a quick look at some…of the material projections and see…what the interface tells us.…I will create a new scene.…And, in this scene, I will create a sphere,…I will move it;…a cylinder, I'll move that, too;…a plane, I'll orient it on the -Z so it's upright,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.