- [Narrator] Octane 3.08 has some new material types…and in addition to the toon material, we have toon lights.…So in this movie, we'll look at how we can…work with toon materials and lights.…So I'll just create a new toon material…and we'll just drop it on this first one here.…And, as you can see, once the live viewer's updated,…we've got this nice outline here,…and it's a bit of a flat shading.…Now, we can get some more interesting shading…by adding a toon light.…So we'll just start with a directional light.…
Once we add that to the scene,…you can see we get some shadowing happening.…We can rotate that…we'll start to see…some really interesting looks here.…So you can get more out of this by jumping into the material…and coming into the toon channel.…So if we add a toon diffuse,…so we've got this toon ramp here,…now what we can do is jump into that…and specify the colors of this…and how light hits the surface;…that's gonna define which color we use.…
So if we just go to this one,…this is gonna be where the darks are.…
- What is OctaneRender?
- Framing shots
- Adding materials and lights
- Rendering your first image
- Using the Live Viewer
- Creating Octane materials
- Mixing and blending materials
- Working with lights and cameras
- Rendering objects such as hair, particles, and fog
- Creating render settings presets
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Trainingwith Alan Demafiles4h 20m Intermediate
1. OctaneRender for C4D
Why use OctaneRender?3m 19s
2. Octane Quick Start: Rendering Your First Image
3. Understanding the Live Viewer
4. Working with Octane Materials
5. Working with Octane Lights and Cameras
6. Other Octane Objects
7. Rendering with Octane
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.