- Muecke was telling me that I need to remind you…about UV Polygons and UV Points,…so that's what I'm going to do.…We are in the BodyPaint UV Edit layout.…I'm gonna drag Muecke's…UV Body parts.…I can hide everything else.…You can see what this represents.…There you go, so all these components here…represent Muecke's body, the upper part,…not whatever is missing.…
And, let's take a look at selections.…We all know, from our Standard layout,…that I can select 3D Polygons and,…select them and go and do, in the Select menu,…many things like, I can Outline Selections.…And I can do things like Loop Selections,…for edges and for polygons,…and for points, and so forth.…I can Select Connected, so I select everything…that's part of a continuous mesh.…
But, we can use most of these tools…to select and manipulate UV Polygons.…Now, let's go, BP UV Edit,…and let me select a few UV Polygons.…I can select them in 3D Viewport…or directly here.…And if you go to Select Geometry,…it's called Select Geometry in BodyPaint…because the word Select,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.