- One thing that causes headaches…is that since UVs can occupy the same two-dimensional space,…very often you won't be sure what you're selecting…in the texture view.…Let's try this.…Make a cube and press C to make it editable.…Let's go to the UV Edit mode.…Now, with my UV polygon and my live selection tool,…I'm just going to click once here.…As you can see,…all the polygons of the cube have been selected.…
Why's that?…Well, let me explain.…The cube primitive has a default UV map of cubic.…Which means, we have six flap projections…one from each side…all projection exactly the same portion…of our texture on each polygon.…Well the equivalent of that in UV space…is all six polygons…on top of each other.…
Now, what do we do in this case?…Well number one, we can use our UV polygon…to select things in the 3D view.…Now, I've selected only one polygon,…you can't see the difference here,…because all the polygons are stacked.…If I get the move tool, I can move this out.…Let me zoom out a bit.…Then, I can select this polygon and move it out,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.