- In order to create a good set of UV maps,…we have to do what's called Unwrapping.…It's the equivalent of making a 3D object…into a two-dimensional object.…Now, we'll show you using this example of a packing box.…How to do that in real life…and what steps we are going to follow…from now on to unwrap objects,…and create very good UV maps.…This is a packing box.…Step number one.…
We need to define which part…is going to remain on the floor.…I've selected my polygon mode.…I'm going to go and select this…as the pen polygon.…This polygon is going to stay here,…and everything else is going to move around it.…It will define this using a point selection.…Then, I'm going to go to my…edge and cut this, this,…this, and this.…
Imagine getting a knife and just cutting down here,…here, here, and on the other side.…Then, cutting right here in the middle,…and cutting these sides,…and these sides.…After we've cut our box,…we need to unwrap it.…That's stage three.…Let's do that.…I'm going to select this side,…go to my rotation tool,…change my axis to minus 100 percent…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.