- So the other day, Moonkie asked me a question and…I didn't know the answer.…And okay let's go to the 3-D paint layout.…And let's go to our materials and double click.…Click on this, call this Moonkie.…The reason I'm doing this again is that if I don't do it…every single time, you are going to forget.…No you're not.…I just have to do it.…Just to make sure that you get used to doing it.…So name, activate, double click here, and we'll…make Moonkie kind of brownish, he had a tan,…and of course take this and drop it on his body.…
And now he's paint-able.…Excellent.…But I'm not going to stop there.…What I want to do is add a Bump Channel as well.…Go to Texture.…Texture Channels.…Go all the way down here and add a bump.…And it will bring up the New Texture panel.…And again I'm going to go to desaturate it and 50%…just so that it's a neutral grey, and press okay.…Currently, I can paint either on the bump.…Undo.…Or on the color.…
Now one thing I want to make sure you understand is…that when we're in the Materials panel.…This little orange box here, or here, actually it's not one…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.