- To save time, I'm only going to…unwrap one hand and one foot.…So let's go and select a few polygons here, select Geometry,…select Connected and then hide Unselected, fabulous.…When you're dealing with hands…it's a good practice to separate…the hand from the rest of the arm.…So let's do that. Move tool and Edge selection,…let's go here, click shift, double click.…
Shift double click, it doesn't move.…Shift double click goes that way.…All the way around we have a nice loop here.…Let's check and see if it's continuous.…Fill selection, it is and what I will do…is select this and just hide it, hide selected.…The next thing, Edge, Move tool,…and we are going to slice under the armpit all the way down.…
Click, shift double click, that is a nice cut.…Let me view the arm from this angle.…Let me select a few points to pin them down.…So I think these, and these, and these, will do for now.…Great, so we have our cut. We have our pinpoints.…Let's select all our UV Polygons.…Let's go to UV Mapping, Projection, Frontal, Relax, On, On,…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.