- As far as Muecke's main body is concerned,…we only have the ears to finalize,…and let's select a small bit, select Connected and the C.…Here is his ear, and let me hide everything else,…Hide unselected, and let's zoom in here.…Ears are complicated devices and we need to apply a few cuts…to make them unwrap properly.…And I'm going to do it using my edge loop over here,…and I can see it goes all the way from here to the back.…
I may deselect these and see what happens to begin with,…and then we can refine as we go.…So there's a cut.…Let me go to this view, select all the UV polygons,…Projection, Frontal, Relax.…I need to zoom in to my tile.…There it is.…Cut Selected Edges, let's go back to LSCM.…Do this and see what happens,…and it's not a bad unwrap.…
We have unwrapped it, we don't have many…or any overlaps whatsoever.…Let's go to layers, turn this off,…and see how our distortion is.…Well, it is the ear.…And I'm gonna leave it as it is.…I'm quite happy with the way it unwrapped,…and it only needed one cut here on the back.…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.